Your First Office Visit
The entire team at Dermatology Specialists of Illinois welcomes you as a new patient! You are assured of personalized attention, and excellence in all medical and cosmetic dermatology treatments.
Preparing for your initial visit
So that we may provide the best possible care, please bring these documents to your first visit:
- A copy of your referral, if your insurance plan requires it.
- Lab or biopsy results provided by your referring physician.
- A list of recent medications taken.
- A list of prescription and over-the-counter products you have used to address your current condition.
- Your insurance card (or cards, if multiple plans may apply).
- A credit card.
- A valid photo ID.
Please consider downloading our "New Patient Registration Packet
." You can complete the forms at your leisure and bring them along to your first visit, to save time.
What to expect at your first appointment
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. That will give you ample time to complete any remaining office or insurance paperwork, so that your visit with the doctor is unhurried.
- Required co-payments are collected before your appointment begins.
- A medical assistant takes you to an examination room and gathers relevant information.
- The doctor reviews the records and information you have supplied, and conducts a thorough examination of your skin.
- Your diagnosis is explained, and a detailed care plan is discussed, including alternative treatment options, and potential need for follow-up visits.
- If treatment requires only a minor procedure, we will do our best to complete it during your initial visit.
- If a more extensive procedure, or one that requires sutures, is needed, another appointment is scheduled.
Open communication is the hallmark of our practice. We encourage you to ask questions at any point in the administrative or treatment process. We are happy to provide additional information to address your concerns, speaking candidly on a one-to-one level. We share your goal – to keep your skin healthy and beautiful.
Call Dermatology Specialists of Illinois at (844) 307-7546 to schedule a consultation.