Rejuvenating treatments for aging hands at Dermatology Specialists of Illinois
You probably take great care of your face and body, and receive compliments on an attractive, youthful appearance. Did you know others can easily guess your age by looking at telltale signs on your hands? Dr. Vikram Khanna
and his team at Dermatology Specialists of Illinois
offer innovative procedures and treatments for aging hands, to keep Algonquin area residents looking as young as they feel.
Signs of aging
Here are five features that add years to your hands:
- Age spots – These pigmentation spots are actually the result of sun exposure. However, they are associated with aging because, without treatment, they accumulate.
- Crepey skin – The body produces less collagen as we age. When skin on hands loses collagen, it thins and begins to look like crumpled tissue paper.
- Prominent veins – Loss of volume (fat, muscle, and hydration) leaves hands thinner and makes veins obvious.
- Scaly skin – A dry, dull complexion ages your hands as much as your face.
- Brittle or discolored nails – Yellowed or brownish nails and brittleness may indicate a fungal infection.
A dermatologist can make a qualified medical evaluation of signs of aging, and recommend effective treatment options. No salon can do that.
We customize treatment based on the individual patient’s needs, rejuvenating hands with techniques such as:
- Intense pulsed light or laser skin resurfacing to lighten age spots, reduce the appearance of wrinkles, and improve skin texture and pigmentation on backs of hands.
- Dermal fillers restore lost volume to plump up bony hands and lessen the appearance of veins. Dermal fillers are delicately inserted through small cannulas.
- Microdermabrasion gently exfoliates rough skin for refined texture and even skin tone.
- Oral and topical medications, and laser and light-based therapies for fungal infections of the nails.
Dermatology Specialists of Illinois in Algonquin at (844) 307-7546, for aging hands treatment that will have rings and nails looking dazzling on you again.